1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Lose It! equivalent Android app

1. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

I'm curious if anyone has come across an app as great as the Lose It! for the iPhone. I know there is Calorie Counter, but from what I can tell it only counts calories of foods, it's not necessarily a diary of your calories, carbs, fats, fibers, etc. that you eat each and every day.

For those who know about Lose It! and would like to see it on Android, you can send an email to them requesting it and hope for the best. I already have.

info@loseit.com

Advertisement
  2. jdub71

jdub71 Well-Known Member

+1 for Lose It!
  3. jdub71

jdub71 Well-Known Member

Here's the reply to the email I sent them this morning:

Hi,

Thanks for writing. Although currently Lose It! is only available for the iPhone and iPod Touch, we do plan to add support for the Android platform. I can't provide a specific timeline right now, however.

Best,

Charles
  4. Kevkelsar

Yeah, I got the same reply. I guess that means they are "working" on it. Whether that means they are actually programming it or just thinking about it is anyone's guess.

I've seen Livestrong's Calorie app ($2.99) is somewhat similar, but I don't know if it's as robust. Which seems silly considering Lose It! is free...
  5. huanix

huanix New Member

Can anyone suggest any other decent alternatives to Lose It! for Android while we're waiting for the port? Besides the livestrong app...

(Just for the record.. this is my first Android-related post after getting a nexus one; i just converted after using all three iphone models!)
  6. Kevkelsar

I'm using Calorie Counter, for now. It works, but it can be a bit of a pain. Just be sure and try not to switch from portrait to landscape while it's loading. That almost always causes it to force close.

I wanted something to use since I'm doing P90X and really paying close attention to my protein:carb:fat ratio, as well as total calories. Calorie Counter is able to do it just fine. I just wish it was much smoother and didn't look so blah.
  7. HotDawg

HotDawg Well-Known Member

I tried both Calorie Counter and Absolute Fitness, and they both totally suck compared to Lose It! Each has a few good points, but with Lose It! as a 10, they both rank at about a 4.

It's a shame, I used to be a devoted Lose It! user.

ETA: I think it's Calorie Counter that has the barcode input for foods. That is awesome. Wish the rest of the app was.
  8. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Bump. +1 for LoseIt!
  9. Rhonlynn

Rhonlynn New Member

Lose it is a great app. I have to carry my Ipod touch with me, even though I have a Mytouch 3g, cause the weight app I have, weightpad, is just not the Lose It ap.
  10. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

We need to keep badgering them to port loseit to android. Its obvious they have not even thought about porting it over. It would be easy for them to do so, its just mind boggling that they've refused to do so. I'm beginning to think it may be worthwhile to just clone it. I know i don't care enough about the name of the app, i just want the functionality of it. But creating the database of food would be the hardest part. It would take months to recreate it unless the end users could save their food to a general database.
  11. spartacus

spartacus Member

I just e-mailed the LoseIt! support team and this was their response:

12. stephdc

stephdc New Member

This was posted in their blog yesterday:

Welcome to the Lose It! Blog Lose It!

Lose It! for Android

We are thrilled that so many of our users are so passionate about getting Lose It! to the Android platform. It is definitely a priority for us. But because the iPhone and the Android use very different operating systems and run on different hardware, creating a great Lose It! experience for Android isn
  13. a7xnocturnal

a7xnocturnal Active Member

My GF uses Spark People App. She has onlince account with them and it links, She can look up calorie,fat, ect contect in almost anything, and it tracks your intake. you set how much you want to lose per week, and it sets your target Calorie intake and make sit super easy to track. She loves it.
  14. LorriDroid

LorriDroid New Member

Yep - they must still be working on it because Charles just sent me the same reply that several of you have already received. Sigh...

I'm using the WWDiary right now which works very well if you're a WWer.
  15. kimnkim

kimnkim New Member

I haven't tried the lose it! app, but I recently tried Diet & Food Tracker - By SparkPeople and I really like it. It keeps track of the calories and you can search for the foods you eat even if it is from a fast food restaurant. It also lets you now how many calories you need to work off in a day. I have really liked it so far...
  16. Aphextwin

Aphextwin New Member

I am a long time LoseIt user, I just switched to myfitnesspal for android (there is a posting in this forum) and it is awesome I can now ditch the iTouch!
  17. aibrean

aibrean Member

18. tyschick

tyschick New Member

Sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat! I'm an avid LoseIt user, but currently switching from iPhone to Android.

Hopefully the LoseIt team pulls through!
  19. mcolclough

mcolclough New Member

Try using the myfitnesspal app. It's free to download from the iPhone app store and you can compare. It's very comparable to "Lose It", which I've used for quite a while. In some ways its better althought the UI isn't as appealing. It's available for the Android as well. I'm about to switch from iPhone to Android and I've been looking for a "Lose It" replacement as well; no longer.
  20. Listerart

Listerart New Member

I'm using the MyFitnessPal app -- pretty similar to LoseIt. I like that fact that it has a barcode scanner to deal with entering the store bought stuff. I'd recommend this app until LoseIt hits the Android Market.
  21. junovalencia

junovalencia New Member

I actually found calorific to be exceptional and though its in the early stages _its extremely helpful in teaching better eating habits and keeping accountability
  22. exalthim

exalthim New Member