Losing custom ringtones on SD Card access

Last Updated:

1. htmanning

htmanning Member This Topic's Starter

If I mount my SD Card to add some pictures to it, upon ejecting the EVO rescans it (and it takes forever). Once that happens I lose all my personalized ringtone settings in contacts. Any fix?

It happens when I mount the card on a PC or Mac, and I'm ejecting before pulling the cable on both.

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Did you do the OTA update? Some have said that helped

3. htmanning

Yes, this is after I applied the OTA update. Very weird. It doesn't happen every single time, but most times. I'm experimenting with NOT ejecting before removing the cable. On Windows, that seems to help.

4. htmanning

Here's more info. While the SD card is mounted, if I go to contacts and check the ringtone in the contact card, it's messed up. After I dismount the SD card, if I'm lucky the custom ringtone will reset to what I want. This sort of makes sense. If I'm not lucky, after I dismount the ringtones will revert to something random.

I've tried this program called SDrescan and that seems to help reset everything, even if it's messed up after an SD card dismount. Major hassle, but beats re-entering ringtones for all my contacts.

Waiting for a better option...

5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

That was the only thing I could suggest. I haven't had any trouble (knock on wood) so...

6. htmanning

Even after a reboot my settings are messed up. I swear, this EVO is not ready for prime time. Lots of good specs, but in practice it's just terrible. I've had Sense UI crashes left and right. At one point, I had to delete all the scenes from the phone just to get it to work for 10 seconds without crashing.

7. htmanning

So SDrescan only works some of the time. I just mounted my SD Card again to sync some music down and when it was done, I used SDrescan. After 10 minutes of scanning my custom ringtones are reset again. C'mon HTC!