Losing icons at power up

1. credemann

credemann Well-Known Member

:confused:
    My Razr is rooted and when I power it off then back on some icons lose their picture on my home screen. Waze, TuneIn Radio, TV Guide when pressed the program runs but the icon looks like the picture of a gear like settings. How can I get the icons to keep their stock graphic?

Advertisement
    :
  2. credemann

I was pressing/holding on my home screen and choosing the shortcut to the app. When I go to my apps and press/hold the app icon a pop up window comes up with an option to "add to the home screen" When I do this it solves the problem. Any one know why the icons mess up if chosen as a shortcut from the home page?
  3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

This is 100% a guess, but have you moved apps to SD Card?
  4. credemann

Great guess! Yes these have been moved to the SD card.
  5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Well, I guess you know what the fix is then - bring them back. :)
  6. credemann

yeah I guess so but is there a way to "point" the shortcut to the icons on the SD card? Or are the icons on the phone memory and need to be moved to the SD card?
  7. Bugly

Bugly VIP Member VIP Member

There are tons of instances where moving apps to the SD card causes problems, such as you mentioned, and more. Best bet is to move them back to internal memory and use titanium backup to keep your data intact. JMHO, YMMV
    credemann likes this.
  8. credemann

Thanks! I do have Titanium backup so I will take your advice and do this today.