Losing memory when installing apps?

Last Updated:

1. kasperknop

kasperknop Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I istalled a few apps today and it seems like the counter in advanced task manager has gone from like 90ish to 60ish although the newly installed apps are not running :S Is this normal? Like when you download something on your phone it will eat up task space and make it slower? If yes is there any way around this?

Advertisement
  2. Lunfai

Lunfai Member

Well App2SD works pretty good, since you install apps onto your SD instead of internal memeory. To do this your phone must be rooted and you should install a Modded Rom such as Cynanogen (not sure how you spell it :p)

3. kasperknop

Ok thanks. Maybe I got something wrong... but isn't that just savings some of the 500megabite internal storage, or will it make the system run faster and with more space for apps running at the same time?

4. kasperknop

Bump XD

5. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

App2sd wont make the slightest bit of difference to your apps running space. All it does is relocate where your apps are installed.

Got a similar problem with RAM here too. After a reboot i have 96MB of free memory, but gradually this drops over time even if i use taskpanelX to kill all running apps - currently at 62MB with no apps running. (Internal phone storage remains constant all this time at 87MB).

6. kasperknop

This is exactly like my problem! Is there anyway to get more ram memory avaible, when advanced task manager doesnt help enough, other than turning the phone on and off?XD