• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Losing signal with cable connected

JimDane

Oct 22, 2011
My stock (4.0.3 updated) S2 loses the signal when it sits with either the USB cable connected to my laptop or the charger cable connected.

It works for some time, then within an hour there is 'no lines' signal and I can't make a call.

If I pull the cable and wait for a few minutes it will find the signal again (3 lines) and everything works fine again.

I would really like to get it working with the USB cable as I have the phone permanently connected to the PC through MyPhoneExplorer where I can control the phone from the PC and synchronise it with Outlook.

Any ideas?

Jim

.. apart from disconnecting every 45 minutes, not much!

The only thing I can think is that, because it's on charge, the phone is heating up to the point where the radios are shutting down. Does it feel warm? Is it in a stream of warm air - e.g. near a fan outlet on your computer?

You could try moving the phone somewhere cooler, if there is such a place within reach.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones