Losing Signal?

Last Updated:

1. dodgerbluehero

dodgerbluehero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So last night i had my phone sitting on my dresser while i watched the dodger game :cool: about 2 hours later when i picked it up and attempted to check facebook, it kept giving me error messages. Convinced that this was another stupid FB error i went to surf the web only to say I was not connected to a network. I looked at the top of my phone and i had 3 bars but next to there bars there was no 1x or EV signal just the bars. I went into my settings and unclicked the mobile network and then clicked it again and it worked:confused: This has happened to me about 4 or 5 times since i owned the hero since december. Anyone have any similar stories or explanations? Also sometimes it seems that when my phone is sleeping, i wont get text messages until i unlock it? Anyone?

Advertisement
  2. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Yeah, sometimes happens to me. I live in a more rural area and my overall signal is in and out. I tend to have similar issues ONLY when I am in an area with sketchy signal. If I have good signal, I have no issues like this at all.

I assume your WiFi was off?

Sometimes a simple reboot fixes these types of occurrences too. Also, do you have the latest PRL and have you updated your profile recently?

3. dodgerbluehero

dodgerbluehero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

how often do you have to update those? I mean i do it pretty frequently but i feel like it has to be done constatnly :confused:

4. bearicusss

bearicusss New Member

I tried to do a PRL update tonight, and it kept saying "DM session is running in background. Please try it later" I'm not sure what 'DM session' means. What do I do about it? It's really got me frustrated.