Losing "Wi-Fi" ConnectionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey All,

Is anyone else having trouble staying connected to "Wi-Fi"? I am having 3 problems:

#1: For some reason, my phone will show the connection and 10-15 minutes later, the connection is gone. Nothing changed, the router is like 2-4 feet away and it is a "G" router.

#2: The other problem I am having with the Wi-Fi is the indicator will drop off of the notification bar, but when I go to the settings, the Wi-Fi is highlighted like it is connected, but there is NO connection stated under the Wi-Fi setting.

#3: The Wi-Fi will drop off of the notification bar and when I go to the settings the Wi-Fi indicator is highlighted indicating active, but again, nothing under the Wi-Fi stating what the connection is. So I choose the same connection it has been using and I connection will state it is out of range, when in fact it is 2-4 feet away, again, nothing changed. So I reset the router and it will try to obtain a connection, but says it is unsuccessful, however, the network states under the name that it is "Remembered". So I highlight the network and than I get a Disconnect.

This is really becoming an irratating issue! It worked fine first 2 days and than bam, starts to go crazy. So is anyone else experiencing this issue??

Advertisement
  2. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm going to assume you are either running R2BA016 or R2BA026 firmware. This is a bug where a loss of the phone signal casues the wifi to drop. It does it again when the signal is regained. If that's not the case, it's probably juice defender or a task killer app :)

3. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Is the screen going to sleep?

There is a setting that turns wifi off when the screen goes off.

4. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

THANKS! I have the X10a (US AT&T) R2BA016.. So that is the problem, and it is right on the money! When I have my signal bars showing, the Wi-Fi works great, as soon as they go it goes.. So a BUG is the cause, go figure right! I don't use juice defender or any task killers, so it is definately the BUG. I keep my screen on while it is pluged in, so it is not a sleep issue, but the BUG.. Anyone have any idea when it is supposed to be fixed?

5. manxape

manxape Active Member

I emailed se a while back they told me to do a reinstall. I did that still had the problem and asked then to let the devs know. Also directed them to this forum as a few people are having the same Issue. Hopefully they'll fix it in the 2.1 upgrade.

6. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

As it has been mentionned, this bug affects 016 and 026. Since you are in the US I assume SE will update you to 020 through SEUS on your PC, as it is in Canada. Your problem should be fixed!