• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Losing Wifi issue

chaku

Lurker
Dec 13, 2010
Hi,

I have recently got a Motorola Milestone 2 and have been using it without any major problems. But since yesterday, I have some problems with the wifi: when I turn on the phone, everything is fine. I does connect to the network and keeps the connection. But then, it goes to sleep mode and when I try to connect to the wifi it does this weird cycle:
"scanning"-> "obtaining IP address" -> "disconnect" -> "scanning"...

I have turned off my phone and re-tried: it does work really well before going to sleep.
I also have tried to install apps to never cut the wifi but still, I have the same problem. I don't know if it helps but DHCP is activated on my rooter and I have enabled auto IP on my handset.
I am a real noob with android so I was wondering if you could help me solve this problem.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Same issue here, Milestone 2 connecting to a Linksys wag160n (total POS IMO).

I thought i had solved the problem by changing the radio band to 20Mhz and the channel to 13. It was working before i left (phone is a bday / xmas pressie for the other half) for work but i got home and the Ms said that it had quit working for about two hours. Trying another channel now but i dont think that it will work.

Had wifi sleep policy set to never since the phone arrived.

Also testing out wifi fixer from the market, hoping that it solves atleast some of the issues here. Will post back soon with results.

Nope, didnt solve anything. Connects fine to my Nexus One portable hotspot (which only gets 2g at my house)

Was looking to get a new modem soon anyway so i guess this will force me to get one. Hope that i can eliminate these problems with the new one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones