• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Loss of all App Game data and Game Restarting

Eventorizon

Lurker
Mar 30, 2013
Last night I installed the latest Push Service onto my Galaxy Note, nothing unusual about that.
After the install was complete Samsung asked me to 'log in periodically' to check that it was still me using the phone. When I tried to type in my 18 character password the window would only let me type 17 characters. I thought that it was just me so I backed right out of this and after about 5 minutes the window popped up again. But the same thing happened. So I backed out a second time.
I decided to come back to it this morning.
When I woke up and decided to play a little Asphalt 7 I opened the game and all and play data had been removed. I was back to square one. I rebooted the game to see if it was just a glitch but no, it was like I had just installed the game.
I decided to go and check the My Little Pony game to see if it was just Asphalt, but no MLP had sent me back to the start to! I had been playing both over the past 8 months slowly unlocking and progressing and now its all gone.
Even stranger, at random when I load MLP, it will restart the whole game and play in the introduction video again. Sometimes I can continue a few levels. Other times it resets it.
I am not totally clued up on the exact workings of the Android OS but I'm not ignorant either. I cant see why there would be a 17 character limit on a password nor can I see how a game would reset at random when there is no outside interference.

PS: Apologies if this seems a little angry, that's cos it is, even if its only a game. I severely dislike the way that companies are pushing you to use Cloud backup systems rather than letting you make true back ups to your own PC's, and how they lock you out of key areas of software. If I had an actual back up of this rather than relying on thin air I doubt I would be in this situation.

Last night I installed the latest Push Service onto my Galaxy Note, nothing unusual about that.
After the install was complete Samsung asked me to 'log in periodically' to check that it was still me using the phone. When I tried to type in my 18 character password the window would only let me type 17 characters. I thought that it was just me so I backed right out of this and after about 5 minutes the window popped up again. But the same thing happened. So I backed out a second time.
I decided to come back to it this morning.
When I woke up and decided to play a little Asphalt 7 I opened the game and all and play data had been removed. I was back to square one. I rebooted the game to see if it was just a glitch but no, it was like I had just installed the game.
I decided to go and check the My Little Pony game to see if it was just Asphalt, but no MLP had sent me back to the start to! I had been playing both over the past 8 months slowly unlocking and progressing and now its all gone.
Even stranger, at random when I load MLP, it will restart the whole game and play in the introduction video again. Sometimes I can continue a few levels. Other times it resets it.
I am not totally clued up on the exact workings of the Android OS but I'm not ignorant either. I cant see why there would be a 17 character limit on a password nor can I see how a game would reset at random when there is no outside interference.

PS: Apologies if this seems a little angry, that's cos it is, even if its only a game. I severely dislike the way that companies are pushing you to use Cloud backup systems rather than letting you make true back ups to your own PC's, and how they lock you out of key areas of software. If I had an actual back up of this rather than relying on thin air I doubt I would be in this situation.

First and foremost welcome to the forums We are glad your here.

You may need to go to samsung and get them to reset your password so that you can once again access the "Cloud" they forced you into using. I can't blame you for being angry I know I would be as well. Other than this I'm not sure of what direction to tell you to go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones