Loss of Market w/ deletion of ImProvider.apk?

Last Updated:

1. glenn2882

glenn2882 Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 12, 2009
    Have been playing around w/ my rooted Sprint Hero for a couple days now. Everything working well, space freed up, faster, etc., etc. I'm a noob, but I followed the directions carefully and backed everything up. Tried to be minimally invasive w/ deletions...or so I thought.

I've been to a few threads that state that DSCStock and ImProvider apk/odex are actually integrated into other apps that might screw the phone up if deleted. Unfortunatley I saw these threads after I had already deleted them. I thought I may have got away scott free-since I haven't had any issues since I read those threads, however today my Market started stalling in its downloads.

My question is 3-fold:

1) How are those 2 apps linked to everything else, and are they legitimately screwing other apps up?

2) Can I just reinstall those apps into the system app folder using terminal, and if so, where might one happen upon factory installed apps.

3) If that won't work is there a good, step-by-step place that has instructions for recovery from a flashed image and NANDroid backup?