• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Loss of network signal / No internet connection possible / Simcard detection error

Stocca

Lurker
Aug 26, 2011
Samsung Galaxy J3 DUOS (2016)
SM J320F/DSGSMH
SAME IDENTICAL PROBLEMS IN TWO DEVICES (one is mine, one belongs to my wife).

Black: bought 16 April 2016
White: bought 14 May 2016

For both phones holds true:
Phone is encrypted (phone+microSD card) and updated the latest android version.
Simcard/provider: vodafone.de
Simcards are quite new (we got an updated "micro" version to fit the new phone slots)
There is a microSD card (64 and 128 GB) and a 2nd SIM (lebara.de).

Errors:
1) Loss of network signal (with battery drain sometimes)
2) Loss of signal when activating internet connection / No internet connection possible
3) Sometimes: Simcard detection error ("Please insert simcard" message)
See screenshots

Tried solutions:
- Removed the SIM card and cleaned the SIM-tray with compressed air. Re-inserted the SIM.
- Added a small piece of paper to push better the simcard to the contacts in the slot
- Swapped positions between SIM1 slot and SIM2 slot
- Selected "3G only" and not "LTE/3G/2G(auto connect)" in network connection options
- Network operators: swapped from "automatically connect" to a manual connect on vodafone.de
- Wiped Cache Partition after soft reboot

Nothing worked, the problem reappears from time to time.
The only thing that works after "Simcard detection error" or Loss of network signal is rebooting the phone.
Our SIM Cards work well on another device (Huawei G525).

I think it could be a software issue. It is difficult to believe that we have a hardware issue on two different mobile phones...
Any suggestion?
Thanks
AllPhones.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones