• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Loss of Voice/3G Network

LarryWC2005

Lurker
Jul 21, 2010
My phone has been working fine since June. Saturday morning I had no bars and the 3G icon was missing. I could not make a call nor access data. I re-started the phone and was able to make one call but then no bars. If I drive 1/2 north of my house everything is fine. Same with south. If I leave a two square mile radius from my house phone works just like it did before. I called Sprint to see if there was a problem with a tower or their network. Support only instructed me to do a factory reset. If that doesn't work I could take the phone to a service center. I drove to the local Sprint store - the phone worked fine. I am only having this problem - now -only at home. Issues with data at home is one thing but not being able to get voice calls is another.

Any ideas from anyone? Will a factory reset work? Could something be blocking the signal? Other than getting a new phone how can I get Sprint to understand this problem?

I had a similar issue this morning while driving to work. I have a 30 mile drive in and could not make any calls. Pandora streamed fine but every time I would try and call I would get an error message saying the network was busy. Had to use my AT&T work phone to call out. Sad... and VERY frustrating.

Upvote 0
Latest: spent two hours on phone with support - hard reset of phone - no network connection. While support on phone drove .5 miles north - everything fine. Took phone to repair - tested phone - no problems but they did replace antenna just in case - during 7.5 mile drive home - had 3G network - got home - nothing. Called support - they didn't have an answer.

Tonight - after each text message or phone call I need to put the phone in airplane mode - then back out just to pickup voice connection and wifi.

Anyone reading this near davie fl that could confirm my results? Sprint doesn't know what to do next.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones