Loss of Voice/3G NetworkSupport

Last Updated:

1. LarryWC2005

LarryWC2005 Member This Topic's Starter

My phone has been working fine since June. Saturday morning I had no bars and the 3G icon was missing. I could not make a call nor access data. I re-started the phone and was able to make one call but then no bars. If I drive 1/2 north of my house everything is fine. Same with south. If I leave a two square mile radius from my house phone works just like it did before. I called Sprint to see if there was a problem with a tower or their network. Support only instructed me to do a factory reset. If that doesn't work I could take the phone to a service center. I drove to the local Sprint store - the phone worked fine. I am only having this problem - now -only at home. Issues with data at home is one thing but not being able to get voice calls is another.

Any ideas from anyone? Will a factory reset work? Could something be blocking the signal? Other than getting a new phone how can I get Sprint to understand this problem?

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

just a rare thing i will throw out there..

is someone near you has a airave or airvana femtocell device that could be blocking you from making calls, especially if they have a restricted list and only allow some calls.

can you still use wifi if you have it available?

3. LarryWC2005

yes wifi is working fine. How can I check for one of these devices?

4. edwelly

edwelly Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue this morning while driving to work. I have a 30 mile drive in and could not make any calls. Pandora streamed fine but every time I would try and call I would get an error message saying the network was busy. Had to use my AT&T work phone to call out. Sad... and VERY frustrating.

5. LarryWC2005

Latest: spent two hours on phone with support - hard reset of phone - no network connection. While support on phone drove .5 miles north - everything fine. Took phone to repair - tested phone - no problems but they did replace antenna just in case - during 7.5 mile drive home - had 3G network - got home - nothing. Called support - they didn't have an answer.

Tonight - after each text message or phone call I need to put the phone in airplane mode - then back out just to pickup voice connection and wifi.

Anyone reading this near davie fl that could confirm my results? Sprint doesn't know what to do next.

6. edwelly

edwelly Well-Known Member

Larry - this isn't going to help your situation but today was the best day I have ever had using my Sprint phone on the way to work. I was even able to listen to 5 songs on Last.fm all the way through so maybe something good is on the horizon!