Lost 3G accessSupport

Last Updated:

1. BrianFX

BrianFX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been running without 3G (disabling it with the Quick Settings app) for the great battery savings. However, in the past few weeks, I've lost 3G altogether even when I re-enable it. I've tried updating the profile & PRL, no luck. Any ideas? Hoping to not have to do a full phone wipe.

Advertisement
  2. BrianFX

BrianFX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For the sake of anyone googling, I traced the 3G data loss issue to something occurring in startup. I noticed on hard reboots, my data would work fine for a few seconds, then the "Media Scanning" would run 3 full times, after the last time, 3G data would be disabled.

I was already running Autostart Killer to disable a bunch of crap from loading, but also grabbed Startup Manager which was able to detect much more. I disabled everything that looked unnecessary. Now the media scan only runs once (as it used to) and data is fine & dandy.

Also switched from Quick Settings to SwitchPro for my 3G disabling ability. Love SwitchPro's 1-icon-sized dual switch. Have it setup for 3G on/off and brightness 30/50/100/auto. Very nice b/c sometimes auto-brightness is too dim for my tastes, handy to be able to quickly change it.