lost 3g data connection after silent "camera update"Support

Last Updated:

1. scottai

scottai New Member This Topic's Starter

I haven't been able to use my data connection at all after what I assume to be the silent camera update last night (11-16-09). MajesticFlame reported: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/18829-camera-fixed.html#post116906 a similar issue, and fixed it by running the *228 update. I dialed that twice, choosing both option 1 and 2, with no luck. Tried multiple restarts, battery pulls with no luck. Everything works great using WiFi, but as soon turn WiFi off I get "browser cannot load this page because there is no internet connection". Anyone else having this problem or have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I had this happen to me the other day, before the supposed silent update. I was unable to get 3g back. I just had to wait. I tried *228, restarting, pulling the battery and nothing worked. Eventually it just came back. I chalked it up to a service related issue, but if yours is out and has not come back, you might want to call Verizon and see what's going on. If there are no known issues in your area, go get a replacement device.

3. Whiteout

Whiteout New Member

yes! I had that same problem today. After trying all the things you did I finally reset my phone back to the factory settings. I wasn't happy about it, fortunately I use gmail for all my contacts so it was an easy sync, and I have only had my phone less than 24 hours so I didn't have time to a full customization. I can't imagine having to do that again once I have the phone set up perfect for me.

4. binglejellsx2

binglejellsx2 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem the other day. Fortunately, my problem was solved by just restarting the phone. Last night my Voice Command thingy stopped working, and a reboot fixed that too. I'm sorry to hear that doesn't work for you and hope you get this sorted out. GL.

5. scottai

scottai New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for all the comments guys. It fixed itself mysteriously today. I left it on WiFi all day at work, drove somewhere, looked down and saw the 3g icon. So it was out for 18 hours, and I know it wasn't verizon because my buddy next to me last night was on it no prob with his storm. For future info searchers, I have a 41/09 bought on the release day.