Lost 4G?

Last Updated:

1. mattpsx2

mattpsx2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I normally don't make so many threads, but I'm stumped. After using different roms, I seem to be stuck scanning for 4G now. I did have it yesterday on I forget which version of DC, but now I can't seem to get 4G at all with the new versions of both.

I installed these just now to remedy the problem.
    [Radio & WiMax] 2.05.00.06.10 update.zip (Full IMG) - xda-developers

It says there's no fix if you killed it using unrevoked, is it possible that I screwed up my 4G then?

Advertisement
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Are you doing nandroid backups before flashing new roms? If not, you should be. If you are, then I would just nandroid restore the last known good ROM that had 4G working. Then retry. AFAIK, the froyo-based roms don't have 4G support yet.

3. mattpsx2

I was doing nandroid backups but I no longer have the one that had 4g enabled. I think I'm going to unroot and start over. I just put in cyanogen which I know doesnt have 4g just to test it out for now.

4. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

Update your profile and prl. Power cycle your phone, and
    using your favorite root/file explorer or adb, venture into your data folder.

DELETE TREE.XML FILE IN THE FOLLOWING DIRECTORY: /data/misc/wimax/
    How you delete this file is totally up to you.

Reboot & Turn on 4G
    At this point the tree.xml file will be automatically regenerated and hopefully you will have full functioning 4G.

This procedure worked for me in Fresh 1.0.1, hopefully similar results in unrevoked.

mattpsx2 likes this.
  5. mattpsx2

Yup, got it working now. Damn cyanogen was acting crazy for me so I went back to Fresh and did this fix. Thanks.