Lost all contacts after establishing a GMail account.Support

Last Updated:

1. Rabs

Rabs New Member This Topic's Starter

My parents just recently bought their first smartphones. They both have Samsung Moments now and think the phone looks promising, but they've already ran into their first quirk. I searched for a good halfhour to see if I could find an answer to their problem but I couldn't find anything. So without further adieu... their problem.

They had older phones that used simcards. The sprint store loaded all of their contacts onto the moment and all was peachy. As soon as they went onto the market they had to establish a GMail account to be able to use the market. Once the GMail account was established all of their contacts were wiped. We can't find them anywhere. If anyone has had this problem or would possibly know how to locate the contacts it would be greatly appreciated if you could post the steps to do such a thing. Also if there is anyway to put a simcard onto a computer and transfer it to a phone they still have their cards and I could try to do that. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member

Ot sounds to me as if the contact list was replaced with whatever was in the gmail accounts (likely null of contacts). I would log into the gmail accounts and populate the contact list. You'll first need to get a copy of the contacts first, of course.

3. estei

estei Member

Your parents might be lucky that the contact info was saved on both sim and phone?
    I know some of my old Nokias have had that little "feature"

Xing my fingers, I know what a royal pain it can be to reestablish contacts