• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost All contacts not saved to phone....

iamdamian

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
I've done a few searches in the forums here and not found a solution that worked, so I'll try here.

I have only had my phone for about 4 days now. I switched carriers from a budget carrier (cricket) to T-mobile. I manually entered in all 300 of my contacts. It took about 3 hours. I had yet to save my contacts to my sim card, as i damned well know i should. When entering these contacts into the phone, I used the default setting of T-mobile Contact Type when saving these contacts to my phone.

Well last night i received a text message from a friend who was already entered into my phone. I was in the middle of a conversation, talking instead of paying close attention to what i was actually doing....

I added the person as a contact, deleted her old profile with the wrong phone number, and re-linked this profile to her facebook account. It did link her as well to an email account that was not hers. I saved the account and went back and removed the link to the wrong email account. Everything seemed fine.

I went to send another friend a text message, and when doing so, I noticed ALL my contacts were missing except for a few which were saved to "PHONE" instead of "T-Mobile"

When looking at the contacts list, my "T-Mobile" Group is completely erased, with the exception of the single entry i made earlier in the evening.

I have gone back and tried to sync with T-Mobile under the sync page and nothing happens. I've played with the sync options and I can not seem to find these contacts ANYWHERE. I'd really rather not spend another 3 hours entering in all of these contacts...

Does anyone have any idea or suggestions on what i might do to find these contacts or are they long lost forever?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

If and when i do go back and re enter all my contacts, should i save them to Tmobile, Google, or Phone?

It's a known issue with tmo sync on the slide and the bug fix is being pushed to a few champion devices soon for testing. There is no eta on an ota though for now. Always sync to google. Forget tmo sync alltogether. If you want you can save to phone too but there really is no reason to do that other than eating up storage space on your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones