Lost all my text messages

Last Updated:

1. System0

System0 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was texting a friend today when an android pop up error message appeared saying that the program had to be closed down.

This has happened in the past. However, today it also deleted all of my text messages, something which has never happened before.

I upgraded to the latest htc stable build a few weeks ago and this has never happened before. Thankfully, I never had any important text messages to lose. Though I am concerned that this may happen in the future and I will lose some important information (e.g. a friends address, phone number of whatever).

About an hour or so later I made a call and it closed down with a similar error message. No contact details or anything like that have been list but again, I'm concerned that it happened at all.

Has anyone else had problems with this. Is there a workaround to stop this from happening?

Kevin

Advertisement
  2. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Never heard of/experianced this.
    Best you can do, as you seem like an isolated case, is to use MyBackup to save texts and contacts to SD card on a regular basis so you can reload them if anything is lost.

3. System0

I do have mybackup installed so I can use it. Though it isn't practical to do back ups all the time, I'd rather look at why it was happening in the first place. :)

4. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Well, as I already said, you seem like an isolated case. So a fix may be difficult to find.

5. System0

yes you may be right. It could be worthwhile updating to the latest official rom again to see if that fixes it....but I'm a little reluctant to go through it all again unless I really need to :)

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

sometimes it will amaze you what a Factory Reset .. Reload ... Reboot will do for a problem ...

Worth a try ...