Lost ALL of my phone numbers

Last Updated:

1. mecham56

mecham56 New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I totally love the droid... but there is one thing that has been bothering me. It synced all my google contacts to my phone, and but then deleted them all from gmail. luckily I had all my contacts backed up on my computer and entered them in. Once I did that all my contacts from my phone got deleted. Every contact (other than facebook and gmail contacts) that I had in my phone is now gone. What do I do?!

Advertisement
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Well-Known Member

Since it syncs with Gmail...When you deleted them online (thats what you did correct?), you also deleted them on the Droid...

I would get to typing them back in.....

3. aaron5610

aaron5610 Well-Known Member

If they are on your computer try to import to Gmail. If your sync is on they will come back to your phone.

4. hardcore.mike

hardcore.mike Member

verizon lost all my contacts...

i didnt really care, but it was 2am and i looked pissed. they gave me my droid for free : )

cheers

mike

5. billd

billd Well-Known Member

Why would you delete all of your contacts from Gmail and then sync to your phone?

In the future, or for anyone else considering doing anything like this, I would suggest making a backup. From Gmail Contacts, there's an "Export" link in the upper right. Most programs that store contacts have some way to export their data. You really should use it before burning all of your data from them.

6. fehhkk

fehhkk Member

User error. Sync goes both ways.