Lost all pictures?Support

1. 82ndCowboy

82ndCowboy Well-Known Member

Last night for some reason all my pictures disappeared.
    Anyone else have this problem?

I re seated the sd card and rebooted but the camera folder and media folder that had all my pictures in it are gone.
    I was trying to upload a picture to FaceBook then a few hours later I tried to upload another picture and the camera folder and media folder where completely gone in the gallery. WTH?
    I searched in my files and can't find any of them.

Any Thoughts on what happened?

Advertisement
  2. 82ndCowboy

82ndCowboy Well-Known Member

OK so i figured out I had all my pictures and music on my ext sd card. So I looked to see if there were any files on it and there were none. Just a LostDir folder. So I took the sd card out and put it in my laptop and found no files the card is completely empty.
    HOW did the sd card get erased???? WTH!
    I'm putting all my files back on the sd card and I'll see if it happens again.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Format the card first
  4. javamann

javamann Well-Known Member

Is there an idiot's guide on how to transfer files to the SD card? I could sure use some instuctions.

BTW I was in the 82nd 66 years ago.

Old age is not for sissies!

JM
  5. breezex

breezex Well-Known Member

If you have not reformatted your SDcard yet, mount it on your PC and run something like PhotoRec, Pandora Recovery, etc. Just search Google for "recover lost files on sdcard". Do not format or write anything to the sdcard until you have recovered your files (if possible) and stored them on your PC.
  6. clo821

clo821 Well-Known Member

Just a backup suggestion: if you have a dropbox account, use the camera upload feature. It auto uploads all your mobile camera pics to your dropbox camera uploads folder creating a cloud backup of your pics.
  7. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

Good Luck! -- I mean it ...

My S3 did the same thing, I tried 4 different, all well-known Windows data recovery apps, and not ONE file was recovered!