lost Android email after installing SG v.5.0.1 ROM

Last Updated:

1. zmaster

zmaster Member This Topic's Starter

I lost stock Android email app totally after installing Smoked Glass v.5.0.1.
    before , i had v.4.5 and email worked like a champ. Tried to reinstall SG v.5.0.1 few times - no effect.
    Anyone can suggest where to get and install back email app. Not really interested in getting from Market non-droid versions.

thanks a lot

Advertisement
  2. peenapple390

peenapple390 Well-Known Member

As part of the install of v.5.0.1, you lose the stock email client, it shows it in the changelog on AdamZ thread about this ROM. I just downloaded K9 Mail from the market and I actually like it better than the stock email client.

zmaster likes this.
  3. zmaster

Yes, just looked at changelog and found the removal of the email app. Will load K9, see how it works.
    THANK YOU.

4. ericks17

ericks17 Well-Known Member

You don't lose it if u choose not to remove it during the installation process. Install SG again and make sure you unstar remove email app.

5. zmaster

I will try, thank you

P.S. Reinstalled, the email was there. ]
    Thank you again

6. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

Yea, I still have it. Let this be a lesson: Pay attention to rooting/installing roms.

Is K9 that much better? I may give it a shot. I've just recently been sold on Handcent.

7. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

With the stock email client, I was constantly running into issues of receiving old emails over and over again after deleting them. Often with the datestamp of 1969. I would delete them over and over, but until I wiped from server they wouldn't stop coming.

With K9 however I have not had this issue once in over a month of using it. I also like how well it handles multiple accounts.

8. peenapple390

peenapple390 Well-Known Member

ive just been using K9 for a few days and i like it alot better than the stock email client, it seems to refresh my emails a lot faster than the stock one as well. I, too, also like the fact that it handles multiple accounts so easy...