Lost android phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. Clips

Clips New Member

Ive already lost my android (i7500) phone. Is there a way to track it?
    Since Ive already lost it, I cant download an app.
    Also, Ive got my sim blocked so that my phone isnt misused.

Is there anyway to remove all my photos from the gallery? Make my phone useless so that the person who stole it cant use it or sell it in anyway?

Any suggestions on what I should/ can do?

2. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Not without the phone in hand.

Your provider can help with that. They should be able to flag the ESN at the least.

Crappy that it happened. Now go buy an HTC Desire.
  3. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

That's right, think positively :) This is not a problem, it's an opportunity (except for your purse ;) )
  4. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

If money is the only problem, your doing alright.
  5. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

Such bad luck. :(
    But go buy yourself HTC Desire, the guy did or didn't give you a favor by stealing it. Stealing is wrong, but this is a good opportunity to ask your provider for a new phone (maybe they can be of assistance).
  6. 7500

7500 Well-Known Member

every mobile has a unique machine number , you need to get that number first and get it banned from all service providers in your country .
  7. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

That number is the ESN.
  8. Clips

Clips New Member

Thank you for all the replies :)

I might get the Droid 2 :D :D after my exams of course. :(
  9. urmumzfat

urmumzfat New Member

If you're in a GSM network area, you'll want the MILESTONE 2 ;)
  10. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member

Why not consider the new Samsung Galaxy 3 ? I've seen it in a showroom and it looks nice.

Though, the AMOLED's of our i7500's are better. ;)

11. Lelouch

I so agree, on AMOLED screen only. Now the quetion is:
    "Why buy a Sam*censored* phone again and go thru the same expirience with theirs "not" so good support?
    Maybe buy it again, when their support gets better and I mean much better then it is now.

Just go for HTC desire like some, who already did on this forum. :cool:
    And they don't complain about their choice.
  12. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Had a look at the Galaxy S the other day. Looks good. Damned good. As nice as it is, I think I'd rather go through the hassle of buying an HTC outright.
  13. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

I was eying up the Galaxy S, it does look good.

Had a look on the forum here for the handset. GPS issues, lag issues, hackish workarounds and Samsung promising (but not delivering) "improvements"... same sh!t, different handset, I feel a HTC Desire coming on.
  14. chronodekar

<picks up jaw from floor>

Sir, you've just killed any motivation left in me to recommend the Galaxy S to anyone.

(LeLouch might give you a medal for this accomplishment...)

still :eek:,
  15. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Well that's too bad. Like the old saying goes " You can only polish a turd so much. At the end of the day it's still a turd. "
  16. Lelouch

Yes I'm giving him a medal, but no medals for you (yet). :p

So, my thoughts had been right. Sam*censored* delivers with their flagship phone yet again their crapy support for it.

They will never learn, because you can't teach "old" dog new tricks and period. :cool:
  17. chronodekar

I was hoping that Samsung would have learned by now. I mean, they've gone to the trouble of making another OS (Bada), so I figured, they might "get" it. But, alas! I've been proved wrong.

Software aside, they DO make good hardware. But, as mentioned before, without the software stack to support you, the hardware becomes meaningless. (which is why I consider it fortunate to have this vibrant community here :) )

18. theredkrawler

theredkrawler Active Member

Its not like the HTC Desire is without problems either.... I think I'd still get the SGS over the Desire.

The firmwares have been leaking thick and fast, each with improvements and the community for the SGS is more active than the SG so theres constantly little tweaks and fixes being released there too. Between the JM8 firmware and the Vodoo lagfix it is a really, REALLY impressive bit of kit. Desire on the other hand is limited by its hardware... Poorer screen, less room for apps, no storage on board, slower processor (same Mhz, but different chip design).

Check out SGS graphics performance versus the Desire. Chalk and cheese.

EDIT: Oh, and to the OP... put Wave Secure on your phone as soon as you get it next time around. Use the 'update.zip' version (its on the Wave Secure blog) and it hides it away nicely.
    chronodekar likes this.
  19. Lelouch

Vibrant community can't imagine their lives without you. ...I just tried but I can't because your my right handman (Knight of Zero :p ). :p

Yes, apparently Sam*censored* are putting all their power and strenght in development of their BADA OS. So they are ignoringtheir support for their Android phones.
  20. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Does the GPS work properly yet?

Anyway. Have a look at the forums for the Desire and the SGS. Which has the most problems? Jus' sayin.
  21. chronodekar

I just looked at the Wave Secure web site. Run by McAfee? I can tolerate that - to some extent. But $20 a year ?! Thats too expensive for me.

22. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

I got Wavesecure when it was free for early adopters. Doesn't help you much I know, but it is very good. Maybe worth keeping an eye on it in case they do offers at any point.
  23. CharlieWoldo

CharlieWoldo Member

I use the free app "*********** for Android" to help me in case of this kind of situation. I have been using their windows version which is very stable and feature rich. The Android version can only track location, call log, and sms log. But they promise to have more features.

24. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member