• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lost bluetooth connection with wits a81

frenchsquad

Lurker
Dec 21, 2010
I got my Wits last week and flashed it with 1208. I then installed CoPilot and to help running it, I purchased a Holux M-1000 (GPS receiver). I worked well for one day. I installed a widget to disable bluetooth (I am new to this so I install all kinds of stuff LOL) and bluetooth turned black and never came back. Do I have to reflash... If so, will I loose what's on my MID (not my sd card)?

Thanks for your help

I also lost bluetooth after installing a bluetooth toggle widget; also installed an airplane mode widget. Don't know which one did it but Bluetooth appears grayed out in Settings and goes black when I click to activate it. I have uninstalled the wigets and pulled the battery for a soft reset, but nothing works.

Both the Wits and my Macbook pro found each other before this.

All of this started when I checked "Battery use" under "About MID" in Settings and it said 70% of my battery use was "cell standby" so I thought I would try turning off the radios (WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS) to see which one was being read as a cell phone by the device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones