Lost camera/camcorder and nandroid backup doesnt restore..

Last Updated:

1. tuftslax

tuftslax Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running rubix focused .5 and its been great, I installed the camera-search-voice fix and didnt have any problems along with having full camera functionality. Eventually I decided to try the Incognito theme since it had a "blurless" version. I noticed it changed my camera icon obviously but I didnt actually open it. I decided I didnt like it, so I restored my nandroid I made immediately before putting the theme on.

Next thing I notice, my camera shortcuts are the generic green apk icon. And they dont work, at all. I nandroid restore to an even earlier back-up (from right after applying rubix) and still no camera functionality. It doesnt appear in my apps under manage applications, the blurcamera.apk is in the system folder, and I tried deleting/replacing that again, and installing it right from the apk and I get an install failed.

Anyone have an idea? I dont understand how I could lose my camera app when I restore to a back-up that had it working fine.

Advertisement
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Try this,

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...y-rubix-focused-0-5-drod2169.html#post1720006

3. tuftslax

tuftslax Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried using a blurcamera.apk that was packaged in with that update that was put out later in that thread. Unfortunately that didnt work.

Update though, I took the blurcamera.apk from the actual rom zip and that worked, minus the panoramic assist though. I will try manually adding in the fix later.

I dont understand why my nandroid wouldn't restore this though. Does anyone have a clue?