• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost channels

WinnieBrave

Oct 24, 2016
My husband - dirty beast - used to watch Venus, Hustler and Playboy late at night when he couldn't sleep. Two days ago they vanished completely. I found them on the Modbro 'Recently Watched' page but all 3 come up as a Pink page with 'Oh No, currently off-line and not streaming, try later.' But I still can't find them on the list of channels. Do you know where they have gone????? And how can he get them back? The OTT box still freezes now and again, I have to unplug it, wait, and it boots up again.

It just comes up as Error 404. I am on the verge of throwing this box out and waiting 3 months for Sky Q to be installed. every single day it freezes, sometimes twice or three times a day, it is a proper disappointment. Got to unplug it, wait, then plug it back in. This is the second one I have bought, only hoping to get tv in the bedroom. What a waste of money. Plus, it doesn't help if I am not an IT expert!

Upvote 0
If it came fully loaded with stuff, try uninstalling that stuff.
In fact, uninstall everything that came with the box!

Then just load apps (like KODI) that you want and will use.

(Before you do this, make sure you have access to the Google PlayStore.)
It comes with a Home Screen of about 6 squares, and I scroll down to Mobdro which is where I access the tv channels. Which is all I want. What is Kobi?

Upvote 0
It comes with a Home Screen of about 6 squares, and I scroll down to Mobdro which is where I access the tv channels. Which is all I want. What is Kobi?
It's quite possible that stuff, i.e. illegal pirate "free" streams or TV channels have been shut down, seized by the feds, or are blocked by your ISP. Are you in the UK or Ireland perchance?

This is Kodi...
https://kodi.tv/

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew Cole
Upvote 0
All I want is to watch the terrestrial and sky channels on my tv in my bedroom.

There are some dodgy IPTV apps you can try but they are crap.
KODI (NOT Kobi) is still the best program for streaming UK TV.
Just add the FREEVIEW UK add-on or any of the hundreds of similar add-ons.
There are also add-ons for SKY if you have an account with them, all perfectly legal.

Upvote 0
I have the FREEVIEW UK add-on and NONE of the channels work! :)
So, if you are outside the UK, don't get your hopes up.
Hi there, last night I went on to Kodi and clicked on Programs and (I think videos) and somehow did some up-date of add-ons. I never found freeview -and to cap it all- I have now lost Kodi. The icon is on my Mbox Home page, and it is showing in my list of Apps, but nothing comes up. Just a blank screen. I think I am the Kiss of Death !

Upvote 0
If you shut down KODI the 'wrong way' it may have corrupted itself.
Also - be patient with the add-on updates... especially on a new install as they can take a while to complete.

Try uninstalling KODI and starting over... which is actually good practice for everyone who buys an Android TV box if this app comes pre-installed.

My box came pre-installed with KODI 15 and it was rubbish.
I uninstalled the app and downloaded the latest version from the Google PlayStore.

KODI can be a bit of a bugger to learn if you don't have the patience.
It's NOT the same as a cable box and it takes longer to fire up your favourite movies and TV channels, etc.
To get the best out of it, install the 'AddOn Installer' soon after you install the app itself.

If you really want to get the best out of your box, make the time to check out the useful online tutorials.
There are some really useful ones... especially the 'BackUp' addon!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones