Lost contacts with Rubix

Last Updated:

1. northernmoris

northernmoris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I thought my contacts were synced with my gmail, apparently not. How do I get backup assistant back so I can get my contacts?

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

If you made a nandroid before installing rubiX, just flash back to that, sync your contacts with Google, then flash rubiX again.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

^^^ Yeah, what he said. The thing here is that the directions to installing rubiX gives you a clean start as it's trying to get rid of bloatware, in order that it run faster. In the process of clearing data, cache and whatnot, you're clearing all your contacts!

I hope you made a backup? Please say you did?!!!

4. northernmoris

Lol. I didn't bother because I deleted some bloat by uninstalling thru tiba and I knew or thought that my md5check sum wouldn't match. I think at this point I either need backup assist from vz or tbh back to 2.3.15 and sync from there.

5. northernmoris

Im back on a tbh release but my contacts don't sync.. When I check on my pc they are not there. I checked sync contacts and it did its thing?

6. adrianl623

adrianl623 Well-Known Member

If you log into gmail from your computer and click contacts, do they show up there?

7. northernmoris

no...

8. adrianl623

adrianl623 Well-Known Member

Well what you can do is log into verizons website to get into your backup assist pages, select all your contacts, then export them, then just email yourself the file or put it on your sd card to import them to your phone.

https://login.verizonwireless.com/a...ess.com:443/vzw/secure/backupassistant.action

^^login there and select all your contacts, if you've backed them up before with backup assistant, then export them.

northernmoris likes this.
  9. imronburgundy

imronburgundy Well-Known Member

Make sure you also keep a .csv file of your contacts on your computer, whether Mac or Windows. That's the first thing I did before I switched from the Omnia to the Droid X.

northernmoris likes this.
  10. northernmoris

So for future search purposes or to learn something new.... Google also accepts .vcf which is how contacts are exported from backup assistant..