• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Lost custom recovery !

robinta

Jun 23, 2010
Hi all..
Have been running a few 4.3 roms (lately m31a) without a hitch. Went to update it's theme through aroma and it screwed up, the phone would boot but would then freeze up. I couldn't get into recovery to access a nandroid.

Eventually had to go back to stock via odin. Then reflashed cwm root. I still couldn't get recovery but I am still rooted with all my apps in place. I downloaded nandroid manager but on running it I get an error saying busy box is not up to date. So I reinstall busy box then go to nandroid manager and get the same message !

If I flash cwm recovery or philz it still takes me to the stock recovery when I reboot.

at this stage all I want is root and recovery so I can get to that nandroid backup.

Have I screwed up irretrievably ! ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones