1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Data ConnectionSupport

Last Updated:

1. 4DisplayOnly

4DisplayOnly Member This Topic's Starter

Hoping someone might be able to help me on this. I find that when I am home and my Photon is set on 3G and WiFi, I lose my data connection after the phone is idle for some time. If I turn WiFi off or power cycle the phone off/on, it comes back.

The people at my local Sprint store tell me that I should not have WiFi on when I have a good 3G signal. They say it confuses the phone having both radios on and one is trying to be the primary connection. If I leave WiFi off, everything seems to be ok.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

MENU>SETTINGS>WIRELESS&NETWORK SETTINGS>TOGGLE WI-FI SETTINGS ON>WI-FI SETTINGS>MENU>ADVANCED>WI-FI SLEEP POLICY>CLICK NEVER

Sorry for the all caps. I'm not yelling, just wanted to make sure I distinguished between plain conversation and steps to change settings.

4DisplayOnly and KOLIO like this.
  3. 4DisplayOnly

Done. Why didn't the experts at the Sprint store know about this menu. I will do more digging in the future.

4. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

That smells suspiciously like bull pucky. I think it's more an issue of the wireless not sleeping correctly. I had a similar issue back when I first got the phone, but doing what drex says to do should fix your problem. I have no issues with my data connection dropping now, and I tend to leave wireless on all the time now (for me at least, it does not seem to affect the battery much when I don't have a wifi connection.)

5. 4DisplayOnly

Well, I hate to admit it that the guy on the other end of the phone at Motorola support said it sounded like a problem with my access point why I was losing my data connection while on WiFi. I did some googleing and I found some info on channel selecting. I changed the channel on my AP to 11 and so far so good.