Lost Data ConnectionSupport

Last Updated:

1. 4DisplayOnly

4DisplayOnly Member

Hoping someone might be able to help me on this. I find that when I am home and my Photon is set on 3G and WiFi, I lose my data connection after the phone is idle for some time. If I turn WiFi off or power cycle the phone off/on, it comes back.

The people at my local Sprint store tell me that I should not have WiFi on when I have a good 3G signal. They say it confuses the phone having both radios on and one is trying to be the primary connection. If I leave WiFi off, everything seems to be ok.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

2. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Sorry for the all caps. I'm not yelling, just wanted to make sure I distinguished between plain conversation and steps to change settings.
    4DisplayOnly and KOLIO like this.
  3. 4DisplayOnly

4DisplayOnly Member

Done. Why didn't the experts at the Sprint store know about this menu. I will do more digging in the future.
  4. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

That smells suspiciously like bull pucky. I think it's more an issue of the wireless not sleeping correctly. I had a similar issue back when I first got the phone, but doing what drex says to do should fix your problem. I have no issues with my data connection dropping now, and I tend to leave wireless on all the time now (for me at least, it does not seem to affect the battery much when I don't have a wifi connection.)
  5. 4DisplayOnly

4DisplayOnly Member

Well, I hate to admit it that the guy on the other end of the phone at Motorola support said it sounded like a problem with my access point why I was losing my data connection while on WiFi. I did some googleing and I found some info on channel selecting. I changed the channel on my AP to 11 and so far so good.