• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost Dialer & Contacts 'app'

Lurker
Sep 14, 2012
I don't know why, I don't know when but I simply 'lost' my dialer AND contacts. The only way to call people now is to start up 'auto' mode and call from there. It's really strange though and I hope someone can help me on this one..

They used to be on my homescreen, but now they're gone. I've looked (off course) in applications: gone.

Then i went on to settings > Apps > All Applications. And there, in that long long list, i'm able to find them. Clicking on 'em will just open some info and the opportunity to 'force-close- or 'terminate' them. I tried both, didn't work.

With my old Samsung Galaxy S (i9000) this would happen sometimes as well, but i'd always be able to find the dialer & contacts in my 'applications' screen. Long pressing them and there they were again, on my homescreen just as you want it.

Can someone help?? Thankyouverymuch in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones