Lost everything but appsSupport

Last Updated:

1. luisells

luisells Member This Topic's Starter

so im blasted pissed i lost all my pictures, and my setting for my ringtones. I didn't do nothing i just woke up and they were gone. I haven't done the update so i idk wt* happened

At first i thought it was my Sd card but it isn't because i didn't loose my apps. Now i know there's no way to recover my pictures, but i want to know if there is a way to get the phone to work recognize the folder i have so i can use my custom ringtones, alarms and notifications again.

I tried the SDcard/audio/ringtones and etc because that's what i had last time and now it isn't work

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

If you connect your phone to the PC can you see your files still on the SD card or is the card suddenly corrupted? Have you tried removing and reinserting the card and booting the phone back up.

3. luisells

well unfortunately no i cant it just suddenly deleted my pictures videos and custom tones, i went back onto file manager thru my phone nothing no files went to my computer connected with usb same thing not files anywhere. i dont know what it is but im really bummed out

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

That is a proper night mare. I wonder if anyone else can come up with a solution or at least a reason why.

5. luisells

Yea tell be about it, I was hoping if I Couldn't get.my pics back up atleast getting my custom tones to work, and by custom tones I mean ringtone notification and alarm

6. luisells

No help or advice on what to do?!

7. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

ALL is not lost, not in the PC world at least. I think if you follow the inof below there is a good chance you will recover everything.. So here we go:

Have you pulled the SDcard from the phone and plugged it into the PC directly? If you did, what did you see when you open it up (via My Computer)? If you haven't done this yet, try it. If you get it into the PC, I'm thinking you'll find everything is there but your phone is not reading it. If that is the case, highlight all of the directories and /or files on the SDcard and CUT them to you desktop. Than go to the desktop and ensure everything is there. Next go back to the SDCard and FORMAT it in the PC. Reinstall it in the phone and format it there next. Take the card out of the phone, plug it into the PC and highlight the info on your desktop and CUT them and paste them back on the SDCard, of course check the card once you have done this. If all is there, unplug from PC and reinstall on the phone. Everything should be good to go..

Keep us posted and Good luck!

8. luisells

So it happened again, when I restart my phone it erases everything. So what I did was format my sd card and now hope for the best. I think it was an app I d/l. I also did a factory restore on my phone

9. TokyoElbow

TokyoElbow Member

Somehow I don't think you followed what gunny5821 just posted.

You need to separate the card from your phone completely.

You will have to get a usb microSD reader so that you can insert it into your computer. (100s available for a very cheap price)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

You need to establish if your microSD card is corrupted or not.

10. luisells

the memory card i bought came with an SD card adapter, so yes i did try it out