Lost FaceBook Widget - Problem

Last Updated:

1. cin925

cin925 Member This Topic's Starter

I think the FaceBook widget is the best widget out there for checking status' randomly. As I was configuring my layout I seemed to have lost the widget. And yes, I do know how to retrieve the widgets, but when I go into HTC widgets or Android widget (not sure what one it was under) the facebook widget is no longer there as an option.

Also, I tried to revert back to an older screen configuration, which I know has the widget on it. Now in place of where it is supposed to be is the text "Problem load gadget."

Any suggestions on how to get the widget back would be helpful.

FYI... I didn't realize there was a seperate thread for HTC Hero Sprint users, which is what I run. Not sure how big of a difference there really is, but any light you can shed on the problem would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. REMilk

REMilk Member

It is relatively easy to restore widgets that you might remove for a period of time.

1. Make sure there is sufficient room on you 'home' page for the icon for the widget; I usually move the icons to the right or left open panel of the home page

2. On your home screen (the screen with the icons) , tap and hold on an open area of the wallpaper; this will bring up a selection screen.
    3. Tap on Widgets
    4. Tap on the widget you want to restore (Facebook)
    5. Move all your icons where you want them.

Best of Luck with your Droid!

Bob

3. cin925

That's the problem. The widget is not in the widget list. I have added and deleted these widgets before. Then today, I realized I didn't like the 3rd party ones as much and wanted the original one back. Only to not find it anywhere.

4. cin925

I thought I tried all the facebooks on the market, but apparently I did not. Just found the one I uninstalled and everything is good now.