Lost google talk!

Last Updated:

1. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

I accidentally deleted google talk now market wont work.
    how do I get it back? I didnt make a backup either as I did not intend on deleteing it. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Tokenpoke

Ok so after much searching I found a post of, this same problem that said I can get oi t on a.droid market web site but I cant find it.
    Getting desperate here...
  3. Tokenpoke

I fixed it... All by my self...
  4. cheungfu

cheungfu New Member

I think I just did the exact same thing. It's strange, I'm getting a notification every time someone sends me a chat in Talk, but when I click them it doesn't open the app. Also, apparently I am always "available" according to my friends' and when I go "invisible" on my computer it notifies me that I am not, in fact, invisible because I am signed in on another device. Basically, it's just annoying.

If you don't mind, what did you do to get your Talk app back?
  5. Tokenpoke

There is an older thread with a link to the gtalk services package. I just opened it and reinstalled gtalt.apk
  6. trougnouf

trougnouf Member

Hello all,
    I too lost Google Talk (which I used extensively, I am now losing all the IM's I receive when I'm not logged into my computer) but I cannot locate that other thread.
    Could someone send me their talk.apk? That would be greatly appreciated :)
  7. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Here you go :)

http://db.tt/Tc0zQvgw
    nuttmeg likes this.
  8. trougnouf

trougnouf Member

Thank you!

For some reason it's not working ("There is a problem parsing the package."), I guess I will just reset my phone with the LG utility.
  9. Mexjoker

Must have been a bad download. Try downloading it again and see if it works :)
  10. trougnouf

trougnouf Member

Nope, still the same error. I got md5sum 9b2dd5c14bec45c52358ce05131360fd
  11. Mexjoker

12. trougnouf

trougnouf Member

That's what I did with the talk2.apk which did not work but ...
    This explains everything ^^' I have the LG Optimus M, I thought my search only went through that subforum. Sorry about that :)
  13. Mexjoker

Its alright :D
    Did you manage to get it working?
  14. trougnouf

trougnouf Member

No I get the same error message ^^' (and it doesn't appear in my menu), I probably just need to get my hands on the right version.
  15. Mexjoker

Weird hm.... how about downloading a rom and finding the gtalk.apk and installing it on your phone?
    :confused:
  16. trougnouf

trougnouf Member

I'm looking into it, I have my old backup rom but it is a IMG file, I'm trying to find a way to open it (from Linux)