1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Lost "home" screen after update to 2.2.1Support

Last Updated:

1. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues - Crazy peacock person -

I upgraded to 2.2.1 a few weeks ago, and everything was fine until last week. Inexplicably--and I really do mean that, as I did NOTHING that can explain this--I lost my 'home' screen. I mean the default home screen with all the application icons on it. Now when I press the 'home' button, I'm prompted to choose from several homescreen apps I had previously installed--but the basic, default one is no longer listed as an option.

How do I get it back? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. shalemail

shalemail Well-Known Member Contributor

Were you running motoblur or launcherpro or any of the other replacement launchers?

If it's the latter, there were some instances of the replacement launchers, and some of the other apps out there conflicting with the 2.2.1 update for Defy, the fix is to backup, reset and start over, then everything works smoothly.
  3. MoodyBlues

I had some apps installed that I could optionally choose in place of the default launcher, but the default was my default...and then it disappeared.

How do I reset and start over? There's nothing I care about backing up. Thanks.

PS I've been sick, including being in the hospital, hence the long delay in reading this!

EDIT: Never mind. I found the backup/reset settings under 'privacy.'
  4. beledi

beledi Well-Known Member

Hope you are feeling much better.
  5. MoodyBlues

Thank, beledi. I'm doing better but still not feeling great.

I reset the phone and was pleased to find that it installed 2.2.1 itself, so I don't have to do the upgrade again. However, I now have a different problem which I'll make a separate post about: NOTHING is installing that I choose from the Android market. :eek: