lost hope lost service

Last Updated:

1. Ebattilana100

Ebattilana100 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dont get me wrong.. I really really like my nexus one, a lot of people do, but I've been having one reoccurring problem that has actually been effecting my relationship..
    My phone has the bad tendency of sucking.. everytime I make a phone call my service begins to drop... example start the call with 3g then it drops to Edge and then G and finally I'm only left with the signal bars... personallly I hate having to repeat myself and I found that I do that a lot with this phone...
    Has anyone experiance having G after making one single phone call???

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

ouch. i wouldn't be happy with a phone that doesn't make phone calls very well either.

3. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

No. Where are you located?

4. ItWasn'tMe

ItWasn'tMe Member

I have this also and the amount of dropped calls or calls going straight to voicemail is totally unacceptable; several times a day. I put my sim-card in my Motorola Cliq and dare I say it, my unlocked iPhone, and have none of the issues I am getting with my Nexus, even in low signal areas.

5. inspiron41

inspiron41 Well-Known Member

what carrier u using?

6. ItWasn'tMe

ItWasn'tMe Member

I'm on TMo in Orlando

7. meso100

meso100 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue and its my Antenna (HTC have replaced it and its due back tomorrow).

How do you hold the phone, if you cover the back of the phone near the bottom with your hand like me, it blocks the signal. Try placing you hand over the top and watch your signal dissappear!

Obviously there could be other factors i.e. network coverage in your area.

8. Jhenson49698

Jhenson49698 Active Member

I'm in Orlando as well with a N1 on T-mobile. The only issue I have is occasionaly loosing 3G in my Townhouse. But now that it switches to my wifi in my house, the connectivity is great. I do know from previously having a G1 there are several sports downtown around 50 & Rosiland that there are signal issues.

9. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

The antenna is at the bottom of the phone. Sounds like this could be related to the reported 3G issue.

10. meso100

Oops, Like MartinS said (got my up and down mixed up!!) :confused:

Post updated ;)

11. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I should have added. That if you are in a relatively weak signal area then cupping the phone can lower the signal. If this takes you from 3g to Edge or GPRS the signal can be lost completely while it swaps over. I guess this is where your calls are dropping.

Try holding the phone near the top and see if that makes a difference.

12. ItWasn'tMe

ItWasn'tMe Member

Was it a relatively straight forward process to get it fixed? I've heard a lot of negative experiences and I'm sure it can't be ALL that bad...can it?! I'll try calling and see what they say- I've had it since the end of January so I guess I should have called sooner, I just kept putting up with it until I realized quite how bad it was!

I've tried holding the phone in different places and watching the signal fluctuate but it doesn't seem to make any difference where I hold it.

13. Ebattilana100

Ebattilana100 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I alsohave T-Mobile but its never happened to me before...its just happened..as soon as I hung up from A call it had that little stupid G

14. meso100

Yeah it was simple. Phoned them up, courier came next day, few days later item shipped back. Signal is still affected by hand coverage, but I tested a 3GS at the same time and that had a similar effect to the signal.

I guess its just one of those things to be honest, will have to learn to deal with it.

ps: I have noticed the signal, although being reduced by my hand, was not actually dropped to zero when it came back (it could just be in my head).

I have sent it to HTC Europe twice now (based in Milton Keynes, UK) and they have been outstanding in customer service! (although the courier did send my phone to the wrong place but thats UPS's fault).