1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Lost in the Block Editor...Help!?

1. countrycronin

countrycronin New Member

My goal is to have the app cause the image dispalyed to change every time the user touches the big letter (it is a button with a changing image displayed).

I am trying to have the app ask itself which image is displayed, and then pick from a list of related images.

For example, if image A1.png is currently displayed,
    and the user touches the button/image (button click)
    image A2.png should be displayed as the image of the button.
    I am using a list and indexes for this.
    However, I am kind of blind.
    I am not really sure how to get the app to go to the right list.
    I am not really sure how the definitions work.
    I have inserted my blocks hoping someone will see my fatal error. I am open to any and all feedback.

Here is the link to an image of my blocks: https://www.dropbox.com/s/onzdje6qu3hg9cx/Bug_1.JPG

Thanks to anyone who has input. :)

Ginny

Advertisement
  2. PavementPilot

PavementPilot Well-Known Member

If you look at your variables, you are using numbers and indexing from a list. Now look at your button.click if/else statements. You tests are asking to check the variable with an index number against a named file, instead of the index number, which is that the variable is working in.