Lost Locale - How to Manage Ringer Setting?

Last Updated:

1. depmode1515

depmode1515 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've done some searches, but come up empty-handed.

Had Locale and used a basic setting to turn my ringer off during work based on time of day...put it back on after work.

Is there anything in the marketplace that would work for me? I've read many bad reviews on Locale and don't want to risk it for $10. Not averse to paying for a good app that someone can vouch for!

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. John_Droid

John_Droid Well-Known Member

This thread references a number of good alternatives. I like 'Tasker' myself. It's not in the market, but can be download from the link referenced in the thread.

Locale Alternatives

3. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

I'll second the 'Tasker' recommendation, and it would be very easy to setup a 'Tasker Time Profile' to do exactly that. And I would even add a location to the time profile so that it will only happen if both conditions are met. The action of the task to set any Android volumes is found in the Audio category.

And, it might be 'half the price' of Locale when it does come to the market possibly in April according to the author 'Pent' since that is when the beta presently expires.

4. vw driver

vw driver Well-Known Member

"Sound Manager" in the market lets you set volume level for all audio from the phone, ringer, notification, alarm, media, system. You can easily set as many levels/time of day as you want, and you can select which days they are effective, so you won't silence on the week-end, if you aren't working then. And its free in the market, so you can try it, and decide if you want to keep it or not.

5. hempwallace

hempwallace Well-Known Member

I'm using Timeriffic. I like it.

6. depmode1515

depmode1515 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you guys!!!