Lost messages screen during 2.1 upgrade

Last Updated:

1. cmayfiel

cmayfiel New Member This Topic's Starter

This may seem like a silly question, but I just got the OTA upgrade for my Eris to 2.1 yesterday and I am a little frustrated how things have changed and I am trying to figure it so if you could help here I would greatly appreciate it.

I loved the messages window that would just populate the new messages on one of the home screens as soon as you got it, instead of having to look at your notifications menu or pressing the messages button. I don't know if I am describing it right or not but all I know is now I have to press the messages button to see my new message and its in the list screen where I see all the messages from my other contacts and I have to pick the message I want as opposed to it just populating. Any way my question is how to I get that ( I guess you would call it app or maybe widget) back?

To try and eliminate confusion here is a video that has the screen I am talking about:

YouTube - Droid Eris 2.1 update

look at the 17 second mark and thats the screen I am referring to.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. mhollcop1

mhollcop1 New Member

Hi, try tapping the + to add shortcuts to your home screen. The menu will pop up with 4 options including one for "Widgets", click on that then about half way down should be the message widget.