lost most of contacts after update

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so i did the manual update everything went fine all is well..then i went to see someones number and boom its not there..i had 30 contacts before update and now i had 7

i dont use any google syncing

luckily i had a backup app on there so was able to restore them all but dont know why this happened

Advertisement
  2. caliwagon

caliwagon Member

Same thing happened to me last night--I'm down at least half of my contacts. I've even got people in my "Favorites" that don't show up in the entire contacts list. Really weird and lame, and I don't have a backup. Any ideas for what I can do?

3. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

I updated manually, but didn't suffer this problem, or didn't notice it before a google sync. My advice would be to stop being so paranoid, and use the amazing services google has to offer. Why by a phone with "Google" if you aren't going to take advantage of its features. I am glad to know that if I have to wipe my phone, or get it replaced that all my info, including apps will automatically migrate to my new handset.

4. katoom400

katoom400 Well-Known Member

I updated yesterday, and this morning I got a warning on the status bar about "too many contact selected for deletion" and prompted me if I wanted to really delete all 130 contacts or undelete! of course I choose undelete and everything is fine now...but I was worried for a few.....

also after that, my contacts where not available in handcent SMS, I updated handcent and they are available now.

also my phone kept rebooting this morning....it's been fine for the last 4 hours or so...I hope I didn't screw my selft by pushing the update!

5. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

I am not sure what happened there. I did the update manually, and have had no problems at all. So unless you got a copy of the update from a bad source I don't think that would be it. There is always the chance that you have apps that aren't compatible with the latest OS version and they are causing the problem, but hard to know for sure.

6. mlprce

mlprce Member

All of mine disappeared after I manually updated. Was a little worried needless to say. I was able to get all of them back though. When your in the contacts folder hit the main menu. On the bottom right there should be a import/export button. Hit it and hit import from sd card. Not sure how they got on the card but they were all there.

7. caliwagon

caliwagon Member

That worked! I'm back to normal now. Thanks!

8. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

I noticed that when I would add the name of the lost contact and hit 'done' it would have all the other info (number / email) added to that contact when I checked in the Contacts list.

9. jsuh84

jsuh84 Member

All but three of my contacts seemed to have disappeared as well.

I tried this but it says the following:

"Scanning SD card failed
    (Reason: "No vCard file found on the SD card")"

All my contacts seem to be in my phone somewhere because when I put my "Contacts" folder on the homescreen, all of my contacts are visible.

Help?!?!