Lost my 3G Signal after Rooting

Last Updated:

1. Papay

Papay Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted my Motorola Milestone last night, I was on wifi and everything works great, just a while ago I noticed that there's no HSDPA/3G/EDGE/GPRS anymore. I just see the signal bar and that's it. I used the south-east Asia sbf. I think my original unrooted android 2.1 before was from Italy because every time I restore factory settings, main languange is italian and the manual that came with the phone as well. I'm downloading Italy SBF now, hope I could get my signal back...

Anybody had the same problem after rooting?

Advertisement
  2. TwinDragons

TwinDragons Well-Known Member

Yeah some users have had that problem. By re-flashing the SBF you are doing the right thing.

3. ashketchum

ashketchum Well-Known Member

I did tell you yesterday that from the firmware configuration version you posted, it seemed that you had the Italian Milestone and needed to flash the Italian sbf but you ended up flashing the South East Asian one instead. :p

4. TwinDragons

TwinDragons Well-Known Member

Is there a reason why you told him to re-flash the Italian SBF? I can see that there isn't really any benefit to switching...but there isn't any major reason to stay on the Italian SBF.

I suppose he might lose paid market access, but that can be fixed easily since he is rooting his phone.

5. ashketchum

ashketchum Well-Known Member

@TwinDragons

I didn't tell him to re flash it. He had SHOLS_U2_02.31.0 installed and SHOLS_U2_02.38.0 was out for the Italian Milestone, which is what I told him to flash.