lost my contacts somewhereSupport

1. tony007

tony007 Member

Hello I'me new here my first post I dont know much about my phone I was fiddling about with it then when I went back to call someone I discovered all my contacts had disappeared I am getting the message 'press menu and touch get friends to import contacts from your account. Can anyoner help thanks my text contacts are still there.:D

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hello and welcome aboard. Why don't you follow the prompt and do what it says. Usually, your contacts are saved to your Google account. I'm not sure of what device you have, but on HTC devices - you can import/export your contacts to/from your SD card.
  3. tony007

tony007 Member

Where is the get friends button I dont know much about this phone yet.
  4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

What type of device do you have?
  5. tony007

tony007 Member

samsung galaxy ace
  6. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I've moved your thread over to the Samsung Galaxy Ace support area. Hopefully, you'll get the answer you seek. Users of this device will most likely have a better know-how than I do.
  7. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Open your contacts app (the orange icon (2nd from left) at bottom of screen)
    Press Menu (the button to the left of the Home buttom at bottom of phone)
    Find 'Get Friends' from the menu that pops up.
    Select an account from the list. Hopefully your GMail account is one in the list, select that one).
    Check your contacts and see if they are back.
  8. tony007

tony007 Member

I did that a screen came up says no SNS accounts then at the bottom it says add account.
  9. tony007

tony007 Member

This is now solved I have my contacts back, what it was is somehow I had managed to lock my sim card, my friend put his sim in and clicked on reset, when he put mine back in all was back to normal. Thanks.:D
  10. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

Great to read how simple things can be sometimes. Good luck with the phone! ;)