• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost my "droid greeting" on start up

Hi, this might not seem like a big deal to others but in the past few days (I've only had my phone a couple of weeks) when I power up my phone I know longer get my "droid greeting" I still have the eye logo but otherwise it's just silent. Does anyone know what I've done to lose this or what I need to do to get it back. I kind of look forward to that. Thanks in advance.:thinking:

The "DROID" start-up sound is associated with the initial connection to the SD card and it will play whatever default system sound is selected. So... if you have gone into menu, settings, sound & display, Notification ringtone and have changed this to something other than Droid you will get that sound when it initializes the SD card on start-up or after you have mounted/unmounted the card.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Ive been what struggling with this for a while, and I believe I have figured out the problem. Because the sound when it starts up is an SD card notification, the SD card isnt mounted yet. This means that any notifications on your SD card cant play, so it uses the standard ring instead of any notifications saved on your SD card. So to fix this, you would want to move the personalized notification from /sdcard/whatever to /system/media/audio/notifications, making it accessible to the phone before the SD card is mounted. However, the phone's memory is write only; you need to be root to do this. I don't want to bother with rooting my phone, so Im sticking with one of the built-in notifications (anything that came with the phone should work).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones