Lost my "droid greeting" on start upSupport

Last Updated:

1. sherrywilson44

sherrywilson44 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, this might not seem like a big deal to others but in the past few days (I've only had my phone a couple of weeks) when I power up my phone I know longer get my "droid greeting" I still have the eye logo but otherwise it's just silent. Does anyone know what I've done to lose this or what I need to do to get it back. I kind of look forward to that. Thanks in advance.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. inphoenix

inphoenix Well-Known Member

Me too. :(

3. sherrywilson44

Weird...it's back!

4. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Well-Known Member

Lost mine.... :( Any fix?

5. sherrywilson44

I had several issues with it along with losing the droid sound. I don't know why it suddenly came back, but it just changed back from a ring to the droid sound. Due to the other multiple problems I had with the phone I had it replaced. Good luck.

6. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

The "DROID" start-up sound is associated with the initial connection to the SD card and it will play whatever default system sound is selected. So... if you have gone into menu, settings, sound & display, Notification ringtone and have changed this to something other than Droid you will get that sound when it initializes the SD card on start-up or after you have mounted/unmounted the card.

Hope that helps.

7. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Well-Known Member

YOUR A GENIUS!!!!!!!! That was it. When I change "Notifications" back to "Droid", I get the "Droid" on startup again. I thought there was something wrong with my baby....

8. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

No problem... glad I could help. There are so many cool features/customizations you can do to these things that it is easy to "mess" up something and not even realize it!

That's what's so great about having these forums... we all help each other out.

9. sherrywilson44

Thanks, tons..I'll definitely keep that in mind with my new phone. Don't know why, but that 'droid greeting' is pretty important to me, lol.

10. Jarvs87

Jarvs87 Guest

My start up tone doesn't do my current notification tone, I have a customized one that I downloaded a while ago, & when it starts up it's silent & when it configures the sd card there's a standard ring... any ideas here?

11. marvinrock

marvinrock Well-Known Member

Okay, so say I only want the droid noise when I start up and mount my SD card - how do I change my notification for anything else? I love my regular text notification and such and don't want to lose it (it's the codec noise from Metal Gear Solid)

12. marvinrock

think/hope I fixed it using HandCent.

13. Audio Princess

Audio Princess Member

I have tried that but when I go to that screen I get "no music or SD card not found" - any suggestions?

14. gimmeanathlon

gimmeanathlon Well-Known Member

Did it work? I like that idea you're trying.
    :)

15. slrtbrtfst55

slrtbrtfst55 New Member

Ive been what struggling with this for a while, and I believe I have figured out the problem. Because the sound when it starts up is an SD card notification, the SD card isnt mounted yet. This means that any notifications on your SD card cant play, so it uses the standard ring instead of any notifications saved on your SD card. So to fix this, you would want to move the personalized notification from /sdcard/whatever to /system/media/audio/notifications, making it accessible to the phone before the SD card is mounted. However, the phone's memory is write only; you need to be root to do this. I don't want to bother with rooting my phone, so Im sticking with one of the built-in notifications (anything that came with the phone should work).

16. marvinrock

Basically what I had to do was set all my OTHER ringtones to something else - Handcent took care of my SMS tone - opened up gmail to change my email notification noise - and Astrid to change my reminder noise - and then set my default notification sound back to the "droid" greeting and I'm all set.