Lost my Galaxy S2, how do I track it, please?Support

1. ilostmys2

ilostmys2 New Member

Hi guys,

I just lost my Samsung Galaxy SII 12 hours ago. Is there anywhere I can track this down? At least I want to know the location/last location I can track.

I never really had any security installed-just bought it for a month and never really thought it would go missing :'((

Can anyone suggest anything, please?

Please mail me

Thanks!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. kafkef

kafkef Well-Known Member

Mine was stolen yesterday :( I didn't either have any security/tracking software installed so there is no way to locate it as far as I know.

First thing you should do is to report it to the police and to your operator/carrier so they can block the phone and your contract (?)/sim card.

Hopefully your phone was insured so that you can get a new one.
  3. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

hopefully u had latitude on and u can track ur location on ur frd's phone
  4. XLAR8

XLAR8 Member

and this is why the first thing i did was to turn on tracking and setup my acount with samsung dive.

i was so happy when they didnt charge like crAPPLE did
  5. hittudiv

hittudiv New Member

Great! I join the party!
    I lost my galaxy s2 a week ago.
    I had setup samsung dive, tracking apps etc, but its of no use.
    It had been a month , but i dint get any hint from samsung dive / those apps.
    Probably he formatted and reset the phone to factory settings?
    I am from Bangalore, India. Gave a police complaint .. Hope they can track it by IMEI!
  6. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

You need some software, an internet connection, gloves and a knife.
  7. Sixel

Sixel Well-Known Member

Without any sort of tracking software, it is impossible.
  8. carnaige

carnaige Active Member

This thread inspired me to set up some sort of tracking..

I registered with Samsung and then it came up with the screen on SamsungDive saying 'Register your mobile phone now'.. however when i click on the link, nothing happens.. is Dive down at the moment?
  9. Gxavier

Gxavier Member

Samsung
    This is Samsungs official way for tracking your lost phone, however you have to allow remote tracking in Settings-Location and Security. If you didn't... well, sorry...
  10. basudev behera

basudev behera New Member

i lost my brand new samsung galaxy s2....
    all the security options are enabled with quick heal's latest antitheft techology...
    i had kept all the security locks with security credentials except the sim change alert off.....
    pls help...
  11. Jigsy

Jigsy Active Member

I can recommend Theft Aware from the market it
  12. tonychoi24

tonychoi24 New Member

I lost my samsung galaxy and i'm very sad about it. I was wondering if my carrier can track it down some. And i have another question would the phone stop working since i lost my phone or will it still work?
  13. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Hey Tony,

If the battery hasn't been completely drained, you can try installing Plan B onto your phone from the Market website. Hope you're able to find it with that :)

Cheers,
    Roze
    infamous213 and tonychoi24 like this.
  14. tonychoi24

tonychoi24 New Member

Okay Thank you. Roze. I have one extra question. so if someone else insert their sim card on my samsung that i lost would the phone still work normally?
  15. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

They'd have to log into the google account again, so they can't buy anything on the market with your money.
  16. infamous213

infamous213 New Member

So if the phone was absolutely flat would it not be able to be tracked at all?
  17. Roze

I am guessing flat means out of battery? If so, then no. You need the phone on to be able to install Plan B and send the tracking sms.
  18. mystvearn

mystvearn Well-Known Member

I think aside from Plan B, there is avast av, also there is preyproject,. and GPS tracking right?

Thankfully I do not need to use any yet.
  19. Roze

You need to have your phone already installed with Avast to be able to use the tracking feature once your phone is lost. Plan B is used when you lost your phone with no tracking app installed already. It allows you to quickly track your phone after the fact.

I have not tried preyprojectto, when I searched for items on the market, I don't see it. The closest one is an app called Android Anti Theft Security, which looks pretty decent
  20. prashant4021

prashant4021 New Member

cud u find it?
    dew_788 likes this.
  21. MyPieIsYummy

MyPieIsYummy New Member

I just lost my Samsung galaxy S2 in turkey, and I can't find it.. I've looked every place I've been to, and where I have been :C
  22. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

You can also try Android Lost which has a remote install facility.
  23. ashuto

ashuto New Member

What if my phone is hard-reset-ed and the SIM is replaced? Is it still possible to track it? If so, what app / what do I do to do that?

Thanks.
  24. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Plan B requires a data connection and your phone number to be up and running, so wouldn't work on a Sim change of course.

I've not tried this service, but you could give IMEI Tracker a go.
    This requires you to register your IMEI number, so obviously if your phone is already lost, you will need to have a record of this.
  25. bojjo

bojjo Member

A very good anti-theft software is Bitdefender Anti-Theft.It worked for me. I found my stolen S2 after just 3 days. First I reported the theft on the Police and then with their help I've managed to find the author. Unfortunately, I haven't press charges anymore because it was a very poor 14 years old boy.
    So, next time you buy a laptop or a smartphone the first application you should install is Bitdefender Anti-Theft. I read about this apps on deviceseeker.com. There is a very easy tutorial on how to install it. Enjoy.