Lost my Google and Facebook overnightSupport

1. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

So, sometime overnight, my phone dumped my Google and Facebook account settings. write up this morning to a error message stating that it couldn't sign in because of a wrong password. I looked at the account sync settings and both were gone. Put 'em back in and was able to log back into both. Has this happened to others? Not sure what happened though, some hiccup our space time anomaly?

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

It could be several things.

You could have lost your data connection during the night and after a certain number of failed attempts at sync'ing, it stops trying.

If your phone had an OTA update during the night it could have changed privacy settings requiring you to resync.

Memory failure is always a possibility, but if the phone is running well, otherwise, then it's unlikely.

Post back if it happens again.
  3. alfick3

By ota update, do you mean google? Since we aren't getting the Android update ota. Data connection loss sounds plausible.
  4. lunatic59

Over the air (OTA) updates usually are referring to Android OS, but a couple of Google apps updating automatically could do that, if they had to do with privacy settings. If it happens again, try to post any notifications you see prior to resync'ing.
  5. alfick3

Thank you. Yes, I know that over the air was generally for the os. However, I also know that we Optimus M users aren't getting any updates to the os ota.

Is there a way we can see if something upgraded while we were sleeping? Other than looking at each app to see if it updated.
  6. lunatic59

When an app successfully updates, it should throw a notification in your notification bar. If i am not mistaken, when you look at "my apps" in the market it shows them in reverse order of installation, including updates.
    alfick3 likes this.
  7. alfick3

I definitely didn't have that.