Lost my Location????General

Last Updated:

1. TheBr0ken

TheBr0ken Active Member This Topic's Starter

So last night I lost my end/power key function. The phone would not sleep when I hit the key, i would have to wait till it went on standby by itself. I tried some other things and realized that it was a software issue. I can hang up calles and I can bring it out of standby. it would go back into standby by hitting the key as long as I didnt unlock it. So I reinstalled 2.1. Well I got my end/power function back, but now my HTC clock/weather widget just says My Location. when I try to manually enter a city its not found. some major ones are listed but not many are not. GPS is on. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

reboot until it works! :)
    turn on and off gps, make sure its not on e911 and...good luck! :)

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

do you have spare parts installed with the 2.1 update? if you change the end key behavior it will cause that because that feature is available in 1.5 only.

4. korben dallas

korben dallas Well-Known Member

That exact same thing happend to me also, I had to reinstall spare parts.

5. TheBr0ken

i did and yes i noticed the option was only for 1.5, but i noticed it after i set it. After that I set it back and even deleted the app and it still wouldnt work. That is ok now, but now location is not working in the weather widget. 3rd party apps work

6. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

ahhh... try going into menu, accounts and sync, and see if you have weather set to sync automatically

7. TheBr0ken

I do.

Even If I manually add a location and start typing in the city by the time im at the 3rd letter is says city not found. It only lists major world cities.

8. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Try giving it a zip code instead of the city, see if that works better. I had to do that for it to find one of the cities I like to watch.