lost my pattern lockSupport

Last Updated:

1. whoisjohngalt

whoisjohngalt Member

Hi - I have a new droid. I set it up with a pattern lock. Worked fine for awhile. Then something happened (I don't know what) and I was forced to put in a 4 digit code - which I did. Now I have to unlock by putting in the code and hitting check. I don't know how to turn this off and go back to my pattner lock. I find the menu for this, but it's greyed out and I can't select.

Thanks,
    Mary

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

You have to turn off the PIN option first, by turning off security altogether. Then turn on the pattern lock.
  3. whoisjohngalt

whoisjohngalt Member

Thanks for responding. Not sure how to do that. Under security, security lock type is greyed out so I can't select it (it says passcode lock is turned on). I can change passcode and set the security lock timer, but I can't set it to 0.

Thanks for any further thoughts.
  4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Sounds like you might have added a corporate Exchange account with a mandatory PIN policy. If that's the case you can't disable the PIN lock or the timer unless you remove the Exchange account. An app like Touchdown may prevent your entire device from being locked if that's desired. IIRC, some of the non-stock Exchange apps won't lock your device but will require the PIN to access the Exchange client instead. You should verify this first though.

Definitely keep in mind any recent changes you made when attempting to troubleshoot an issue.
    whoisjohngalt likes this.
  5. whoisjohngalt

whoisjohngalt Member

You're so right. Now I remember. That is what I was doing when this happened; I was adding my work email. Interesting. Thanks.