Lost my phone - what happens to apps?Support

Last Updated:

1. Phazon

Phazon Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I lost my Desire - gutted, but it's insured so hopefully I'll have a replacement soon. Anyway, I want to know if there's a way to get back the apps that I had installed on it - will the marketplace recognise it's me and offer me all the ones I had installed, or do I just have to remember which ones I installed (paid and free) and go and find them again? If so, is there a list recorded anywhere in my google account?

In hindsight, a kinda nice thing about the apple app store is that you get a receipt for everything you install, so that's kind of useful

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Raggy

Raggy Well-Known Member

AFAIK they are registered to the gmail account that you use on the phone so you just use the same account and they should be all listed on the downloaded tab in the market

3. Phazon

OK thanks, hope that is the case

4. Phazon

Just got my phone back - the Market is only showing me 5 apps, not the 50 or so I had installed! Surely there MUST be a way of finding out what you had installed previously - it has to be logged somewhere, I can't believe I don't have a list against my account.

Any ideas?

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

did you have 2.2 or 2.1?

It should install all of them if you had 2.2, if you had 2.1 then it will show only the apps you have paid for.

You should use appbrain app, it sync all your apps to their site so you can reinstall them if you lose it again!

6. Phazon

I had and have got 2.2 - but I'm definitely not seeing all the ones I had on the previous phone. Weird

Hadn't heard about appbrain, will check it out. I've also just rooted for the first time, so I need to work out the options that gives me as well. Although hopefully I won't be losing it again!

Thanks

7. Raggy

Raggy Well-Known Member

Thats a bit bad, but there again if you can't remember what you had on there then it probably wasn't all that useful/needed ;)

8. Phazon

Yeah that is a fair point that I had considered! I can remember quite a few to be fair, it's just a bit of a pain in the rear. This market issue is a bigger problem, been unable to download anything over the weekend- but seems to be sorted this morning