• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost my USB options!?!?!?

stevep94

Jul 14, 2010
Chesterfield
I've just noticed that I no longer get a notification of "Charge Only" in the top bar when I plug my HTC in to my PC via the USB cable!?!?! :thinking:

I've gone into the settings for "Connect to PC" and it doesnt matter what I select, I still cant connect to use "HTC Sync" or "Disk drive" and yet the orange light comes on and the battery indicator says it IS charging!?!?!

I used to have it set to charge only and if I wanted to sync or copy to the SD card, I'd just drag down the top bar that lists widget locker and my mobile internet usage and I could select it and choose what I wanted to do - only now there is nothing there to select!! :thinking:

I've today replaced the trial power widget with the "Widgetsoid switcher" - could that have something to do with it?? - I've tried adding USB connection and USB tethering and they dont seem to work either!?!?!

Thanks for helping me out with this....its driving me mad!

Cheers,

SteveP

I too had this problem which only showed up since the froyo update.... I tried all sort of attempts to fix it but the only one that worked was to switch off and turn back on, with the cable disconnected. When you then plug in the lead all is as it shpuld be. There is nothing wrong ewith the cable itself. I contacted my provider (Orange) and got a lame answer from customer services saying that was the ONLY way to fix the problem. What I have noticed is that once you have done the switch off/on, normal connect to pc funtions work for the next lot of uses, until it decides to play up again....

It's something I have grown to live with as I don't use it that often.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones