Lost My Web Favorites Page - Help

Last Updated:

1. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a new HTC Hero that works perfectly. Some how I inadvertently dragged the web icon off my main home page into the trash. It must have taken my favorites with it as I had the original set up second main page as my favorites page. At any rate I went in to the menu of programs and got the web icon back on my home page and if I press menu and go to Bookmarks all my book marks are still here. But I can't figure out how to get the bookmarks back on their own page. I would rather not have to open my browser and then go to menu to find the bookmarks. I just can't figure out how to get the favorites back to their own page........
    As usual I so appreciate all you who have been so kind to help me sort out little issues like this..............

Lisa :confused:

Advertisement
  2. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Go to the screen where you want the Bookmark Widget. LongPress until you see the "Add to Home" page. Select "HTC Widget" then "Bookmarks" then pick which of the two you want, press "Select" and you will have it back.

3. mslisaj

Worked like a charm. Thank you for the advice. I have my widget back where it belongs. One more question if I may? I had it set for List instead of the page display. I can't make it stay on the list format. Any idea's there. I have been into the menu area but it doesn't stay on the list format on my home page. But at any rate thanks for your help as you have me restored.

Lisa :D

4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Lisa,
    You have to uninstall it (by longPressing on it and dragging it to the bottom of the screen until you see the 'trash' highlight in red, then drop it [which is how you accidentally deleted it the first time]), then re-install the one you want.

When you install it, there is a subtle arrow to the right of "Select" which will take you to the list view widget. Once you see the list view widget, press "Select" and that widget will be installed.

5. mslisaj

Thanks so much for your help. My phone is back to normal now.
    Thank you!
    Lisa