Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General Lost phone, does VM offer just another OV or ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 350X, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Lost phone, does VM offer just another OV or do they give a better option like a deal on a refurb Elite or ???

my mom lost her pay low $20 phone, when we reported it, they offered her another for $10 or an OV for $25.

Advertisement
  2. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Male
    Illinios
    They may ofer you a refurbed ov, I would just try it and find out.
    Also there was this app that you could download through
    play.google.com/store, and it was a gps locator, helped another member find his ov. I'll look for it and post back.

Found it! http://forums.androidcentral.com/virgin-mobile-optimus-v/212645-my-optimus-v-gone-lost-done.html

Try PlanB to try and find your phone.

3. I didn't "lose" mine yet, as My mom found hers already, so we now have 2 phones, both with good ESN since we said its not lost anymore.

If I could "lose" my OV and get a cheap upgrade to an Elite or ??? Id "lose" my phone and get the cheap upgrade then "find" my phone again ;)

4. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Male
    Illinios
    I believe if you suspend the phone, you can unsuspend it later.

5. ^ yea, was just hoping someone knew what kind of upgrade or offer they will give before I do that.

6. riggerman0421

riggerman0421 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Louisiana
    You know that's called theft. Thread reported

7. How is that theft, you pay for the replacement phone, they just give you a discount as its a refurb not a new phone.

8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    If a phone is claimed lost... the ESN/MEID is marked as bad and can never be activated again, even by the original owner... and it is insurance fraud to report a phone lost/stolen when it isn't...

9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    Androidforums doesn't condone fraudulent activities, including phone insurance fraud or taking advantage of the generosity of a company who offers a refurbished phone at a discounted rate if you lose a phone.

For that reason, I'm closing this thread. If you have any objections drop me a PM, door's always open.

Encerspay and sdrawkcab25 like this.
Tags: