Lost phone, does VM offer just another OV or ?General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

Lost phone, does VM offer just another OV or do they give a better option like a deal on a refurb Elite or ???

my mom lost her pay low $20 phone, when we reported it, they offered her another for $10 or an OV for $25.

Advertisement
  2. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

They may ofer you a refurbed ov, I would just try it and find out.
    Also there was this app that you could download through
    play.google.com/store, and it was a gps locator, helped another member find his ov. I'll look for it and post back.

Found it! http://forums.androidcentral.com/virgin-mobile-optimus-v/212645-my-optimus-v-gone-lost-done.html

Try PlanB to try and find your phone.
  3. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

I didn't "lose" mine yet, as My mom found hers already, so we now have 2 phones, both with good ESN since we said its not lost anymore.

If I could "lose" my OV and get a cheap upgrade to an Elite or ??? Id "lose" my phone and get the cheap upgrade then "find" my phone again ;)
  4. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

I believe if you suspend the phone, you can unsuspend it later.
  5. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

^ yea, was just hoping someone knew what kind of upgrade or offer they will give before I do that.
  6. riggerman0421

riggerman0421 Well-Known Member

You know that's called theft. Thread reported
  7. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

How is that theft, you pay for the replacement phone, they just give you a discount as its a refurb not a new phone.
  8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

If a phone is claimed lost... the ESN/MEID is marked as bad and can never be activated again, even by the original owner... and it is insurance fraud to report a phone lost/stolen when it isn't...
  9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Androidforums doesn't condone fraudulent activities, including phone insurance fraud or taking advantage of the generosity of a company who offers a refurbished phone at a discounted rate if you lose a phone.

For that reason, I'm closing this thread. If you have any objections drop me a PM, door's always open.
    Encerspay and sdrawkcab25 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.