Lost Phone IconSupport

Last Updated:

1. George Kaplan

George Kaplan Member

I don't know how it happened, but I lost the phone icon on the home page.
    I mean the icon at the base, the first on the left, with contact, messages and applications.
    I'm not able to restore it.
    Does anyone know how can it be done???
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. George Kaplan

George Kaplan Member

Ok, sorry. I found out what to do.
    Just go in applications (not in home!) and there drag the phone icon in the dock at the bottom of the page.
  3. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

thats right :D glad u figured it out
    George Kaplan likes this.
  4. pkaelli

pkaelli New Member

I can't find the call icon in my applications?
    I do have the same problem with my samsung GS2 after Android 2.3.5

Jussi
  5. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Certain icons that comes as default does not appear in the App Drawer for the stock launcher (TW).

What you can do is that at the home screen
    1) Tap Menu and select add.
    2) Add shortcut (choose from contact or phone)
    3) The shortcut should appear in the home screen and you should be able to transfer to the dock

Cheers
  6. pkaelli

pkaelli New Member

Thanks Russel!

1) Tap Menu and select add.
    ok

2) Add shortcut
    ok

but what do you mean with this?: "(choose from contact or phone)"

I can't find anything like that after I choose "add shortcut"
    I do find activities where I can find "numerovalitsin" which translates to "dialer" or "number chooser" (my phone is in Finnish :). There is a LONG list of different options and which ever I choose, it does bring me that green call icon to my home screen as you described BUT it never works. :-(

I should probably not be at tje "activities" list anyways but that is where I do atleast find something that points to my call icon / dialer.

3) The shortcut should appear in the home screen and you should be able to transfer to the dock

yes, this happens, but does not work, see above

Many thanks for trying, any other hints?

Jussi

I'm currently seeing only messages and apps icons on my home screen. The call and contact icon also are missing :-(
  7. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Finnish.... That could complicate matters.

Anyway, once you try to add shortcut, you will see a long list of what you can add. In English, you look for "Phone" which has the green icon with the handset. Another one is "Contact" which read in another post that somebody lost that too. So just highlighting that its just the same principle.

Anyway, why don't you try setting the language for the phone to English, then do it. Then set it back to Finnish.

Anyway, just tried it again, and here it is

1) Click Menu
    2) Click Add
    3) Click Shortcuts
    4) Click Applications
    5) Click Phone

And it appears in the home screen.
  8. pkaelli

pkaelli New Member

Thanks for the detailed instructions!

Translating from English to Finnish is no problem :)
    Problem is that in the app list there just is not phone nor contacts icons. In English, nor Finnish. :-(

I'm thinking of first backing up my phone (to get the most up-to-date contact list saved), then resetting to factory default, then installing my earlier backup and hopefully I can then update/refresh only the contacts from todays backup.

And then I will try once more the new 2.3.5 version.

If not ok, will do this routine once more and wait for a new 2.3.6 or some other fix from Samsung.

Jussi